Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Perfect, well not quite as planned




It's a funny thing about life, if you refuse to accept anything but the best you often get it. Somerset Maugham

Hummm ...... I am didn't start out todays beadmaking session planning for my best beads. In fact I started out planning to make some new ideas I'd been mulling over, and play with my new mandrel spinner. Well that did not go as planned at all! I need new mandrels, the spinner does not work with bent mandrels, and my new idea needs a LOT more work.

What I wound up making was a bunch of daisy beads. I've been making these for a couple years now, they started in a garden bracelet and now I make a lot of pairs for earrings as well. They are a lot of fun, turn out perfect most of the time and make me smile!


No comments: