Thursday, July 22, 2010

One of those kinda days

I woke up with a massive headache this morning. I don't get them often and this one was right behind my eyeballs. Not a nice way to wake up.

I had left myself a note the night before so first thing this morning I went and bug bombed the three wasps nest's we have in the garden. I think that made the headache even worse!

I lied down and wound up falling asleep for 2 hours! Something I never do, the headache had lessened a bit but was still there. Maybe it's the change in the weather, it's really windy here.

What did happen throughout the day was I started to think about all the friends I have who've moved away.

We used to spend a lot of time on weekends with good friends who've now moved up north (YES that's YOU Maggie and Terry if you are reading this) and I miss them. A lot as it turns out. They were a couple who had really similar interests, Maggie rode while Terry loved cars. So the guys could talk about cars and Maggie and I could talk horses. I have a lot of girlfriends, and my husband has a lot of guy friends but we have no couple to hang out with anymore. I miss the mid summer barbecue's. My girlfriends for the most part don't live in Victoria which doesn't seem to be helping either. There are times I just have "one of those days" and feel lonely.

Today was one of those days, I didn't get squat done. And doing nothing is sometimes a good thing, it helps me remember those who I miss and those who I can't wait to see again.

No comments: