Friday, July 9, 2010

Welcome Mat


“The soul should always stand ajar. Ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.”
Emily Dickinson

I think the door will often be ajar in my studio, especially in the summer. It's HOT here right now. So I figured since it's a great space it should have a greta welcome mat. And today I found one!

Today we got the last little bit of molding up, I'll paint it tomorrow. The paint in the large room I am not very happy with. If you lean anything up against the walls the paint comes off with it!

I made my first project in the new space today, I special piece for a friend who lost her son. I've been wanting to do it for ages, today seemed like a good day for it.




1 comment:

Leilani said...

That sounds like a wonderful project to "baptise" your new creative building with.