Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let me introduce you


Let me introduce you to one of my best friends. Andrea Guarino Slemmons of Andrea Guarino Beads. I met Andrea many years ago, she's actually the instructor I took my first "real" beadmaking class with. I went to her home studio in Pt Townsend and took a two day semi private lesson with her. WELL, I was hooked! Hooked on beadmaking, hooked on Pt Townsend and definitely intrigued by this amazing sharing person. We didn't become close friends till years later.

I've had the joy of being close friends for years now. We've traveled to Germany, Turkey, Texas and many places in between. She's a joy to travel with, I often help her out in classes by being her teaching assistant. She's a wonderful instructor, sharing all she knows and very caring and attentive.

I'm lucky to call her my friend. She listens when I whine and moan about living so far away from everyone, when I can't get motivated to make anything, when I don't want to go for a run today and many other general gripes. Always being supportive, always being a friend.





I thought you all might enjoy a little introduction to such a wonderful person!




2 comments:

Jane Perala said...

That's a lovely "introduction" Nicole. You are both lucky!

Jeanne/J3Jewelry said...

How great to make new friends like that! She sounds wonderful, and you seem to have a great friendship. Thanks for introducing her to us! :)