Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Drag racing


Yup, thats me driving a drag car! Who'd have thought! It's no secret my husband has a large car collection. It's also no secret it drives me crazy on a regular basis, our yard and shops are full beyond full. The clutter often makes me a bit grumpy.

When my husband asked if I wanted to give drag racing a try I first thought "are you INSANE!" no way, nope, nu uh, not ever. Then I went and watched him race, WELL it looked kinda fun. There were also a few girls racing. Cori, a friend of mine had raced years past and was talking about getting a car to race soon. That got me interested. Teresa, the girl who cares for our place when we are away racing round track. That got me even more interested. I mulled it over......

Why not try it!? I went a couple weekends ago for the first time and boy was I nervous. There is a lot to remember and a lot to do! I wasn't all that hooked at first. Then I did a burnout ............ WELL what fun is that!

I'm still trying to remember everything and the shifting is still a bit of a challenge for me, but so far it's been a positive experience. A bit of a bucket list kinda thing!

1 comment:

Kari Carrigan said...

Love the picture! Glad you are going for it, can't wait to see more pics and to hear fun stories. :-)